Monday, February 6, 2012

Coughing

Poor baby. she is not feeling well this weekend after she got coughing. 
    Cold and flue still  going on everywhere even we trying to protect ourself but there's a time you got sick. 






I haven't sleep good at night and of course, worried. I get up several time and heard my daughter coughing really hard. husband and I both panic when we saw her nose bleeding. last saturday, we are in parking lot in front of emergency hospital building.  but nose bleeding was stop and  decide to went back home and sunday morning, another nose bleeding it is already twice happen and same nose bleeding like a crazy.




In monday morning. I call-in not to able to go work so i can stay home with my baby sick. she and I both missing a monday school too. I called my parents in philippines cause I saw in tv news about cebu, dumaguete and camiguin island got a earthquake . what a terrible weeks, all i got bad news? 


I am not happy every-time to go to the doctor. the mean thing I was worried about her nose bleeding but it say, 10 days anti-biotic only with it. 


             here's my search online about nose bleeding: 


***The bleeding may be profuse, or simply a minor complication. Nosebleeds can occur spontaneously when the nasal membranes dry out and crack. This is common in dry climates, or during the winter months when the air is dry and warm from household heaters. 

***

How do you stop the common nosebleed?

Most people who develop nose bleeding can handle the problem without the need of a physician if they follow the first aid recommendations below:
  1. Pinch all the soft parts of the nose together between your thumb and index finger.
  2. Press firmly toward the face - compressing the pinched parts of the nose against the bones of the face.
  3. Lean forward slightly with the head tilted forward. Leaning back or tilting the head back allows the blood to run back into your sinuses and throat and can cause gagging or inhaling the blood.
  4. Hold the nose for at least five minutes. Repeat as necessary until the nose has stopped bleeding. 
    1. Sit quietly, keeping the head higher than the level of the heart. Do not lay flat or put your head between your legs.
    2. Apply ice (wrapped in a towel) to nose and cheeks.

    How do you prevent the nose from bleeding again?

    1. Go home and rest with head elevated at 30 to 45 degrees.
    2. Do not blow your nose or put anything into it. If you have to sneeze, open your mouth so that the air will escape out the mouth and not through the nose.
    3. Do not strain during bowel movements. Use a stool softener (for example, Colace).
    4. Do not strain or bend down to lift anything heavy.
    5. Try to keep your head higher than the level of your heart.
    6. Do not smoke.
    7. Stay on a soft, cool diet. No hot liquids for at least 24 hours.
    8. Do not take any medications that will thin the blood (aspirin,ibuprofenclopidogrel bisulfate [Plavix] or warfarin [Coumadin]). If these have been prescribed by your physician, you need to contact them regarding stopping these medications.
    9. Your doctor may recommend some form of lubricating ointment for the inside of the nose (see below).
    10. If re-bleeding occurs, try to clear the nose of clots by sniffing in forcefully. You can temporarily use a remedy such as a nasal decongestant spray, such as Afrin or Neo-Synephrine. These types of sprays constrict blood vessels. (NOTE: If used for many days at a time, these can cause addiction so they are recommended for short-term usage. Also, do not use if you have high blood pressure.)
    11. Repeat the steps above on how to stop the common nose bleed. If bleeding persists, call the doctor and/or visit to the emergency room.
    What precautions can you take to prevent nose bleeding?
    The most common cause of a nose bleeds is drying of the nasal membranes. If you are prone to recurrent nosebleeds, it is often helpful to try lubricating the nose with an ointment of some type. This can be applied gently with a Q-tip or your fingertip up inside the nose, especially on the middle portion (the septum). Many people use remedies for nose bleeds such as A & D ointment, Mentholatum, Polysporin/Neosporin ointment, or Vaseline. Saline mist nasal spray is often helpful (Ocean 









17 comments:

JayDee said...

Oh god poor baby! I hope she gets better soon! My little one JUST got better from a fever.. I guess cause her teeth were coming in lol! But every time she gets sick I have such a heart attack & wish I was sick instead of her! LOL! I hope your little one feels better soon!

I didn't get a chance to call my relatives in the Philippines yet I hope everyone is okay.

Avielle Rose said...

awww, I hope she feels better. Anyways, I am new here and just wanted to tell you that I am having a FREE giveaway on my blog. Please check it out! =)

http://xiongkay.blogspot.com/

beautiful me plus you said...

hope your little darling is already bit better... very helpful post!really great blog.... well done.... I am your newest follower!
Greets from Ireland!
xxx Marina

Suvarna Gold said...

cute blog sunshine

Angela said...

ah.. poor baby. take care. flu and cold are running taking many down this season.

kathy said...

awww i hope she gets better soon!
xxx

Taylor Morgan said...

I hope your girl feels better! On a side note, some of those tips to avoid nose bleeding were kind of funny! I am not going to lie, "Don't strain during bowel movements" made me laugh...

Jenna said...

Fun blog! I found you through Taylot Morgan's blog. We both have similar blogs being moms! I just started following.

crandalls.blogspot.com

Jannie said...

Hope your little girl gets better soon. Sorry to hear about the nose bleeds too. Glad you found a remedy for it. Take care. :)

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

Im sorry your little one is sick :(

Lee Xiong said...

Thanks for the comment! I somehow couldn't reply, but I adore your blog and it's so enjoying to read your blogs. I have already followed you and hopefully you can follow back too!

Love, Lee
http://xionglee03.blogspot.com/

Canadianpetite said...

Aww poor baby! It's so difficult to be a mom when you can't seem to be able to help your lil one. Lots of hugs and kisses seem to work for mine. Hope she gets better soon. Thanks for visiting and subbing on my blog!

Zaya said...

Aww poor thing! I hope she is feeling better by now! My little brother occasionally gets random nose bleeds, but it usually doesn't happen more than once a month or so.

❤ zayasmiles

MonochromeMagpie said...

I hope she feels better soon :)

Monochrome Magpie

Fashionable Memories said...

I hope your daughter get better soon! Please do take care of your health too!

Unknown said...

Hello I appreciate so much about the comment. it means a lot to me. each words makes me happy and hoping can talk to you all each day.. happy weekend..

Unknown said...

Hope the little angel is better.... Poor sweetie. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...